[nos-bbs] connect to BPQ

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Oct 27 17:38:04 EDT 2019

Does anyone know the correct forward.bbs sequence for an AXUDP connection to
a BPQ machine?

For a machine named KD6MTU-1, I've got

{callsign}
ax25 {port} {callsign-ssid}
{mailbox}
{mailbox}
{mailbox}
----

What happens is I send the connect (SABM frame) and the remote machine
replies with a UA frame.  Then we just sit there.  Eventually my machine
times out and I send a DISC frame, and the BPQ machine replies with a UA
frame.

So, the AXUDP tunnel seems to be fine.  But evidently:
1)  I'm not sending something that tells the BPQ machine to give me a
forwarding prompt, OR
2)  The BPQ machine needs to be set up somehow to know to give me a
forwarding prompt

Any ideas?

Michael