[nos-bbs] jnos2NR area - makefile update + new ./configure

Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Mon Oct 7 13:23:03 EDT 2019

Regarding the new jnos2NR repository ...

I have updated the makefile and created a new configuration script that
is called from within the makefile. This script will first check for
necessary
linux packages before JNOS is allowed to compile. So if you 'make', and
you haven't installed openssl and ncurses development packages, you
will be prompted to install them (with hints), and not be allowed to go
any further.

The makefile now also dynamically checks if B2F is defined, and if not, it
will not link in the crypto lib from the openssl package. Just a few things
being worked on, and something I've been wanting to do for a while.

This is version 1.0  of a very basic ./configure script, the cool thing
is we
can add to it as we need more features or checks. For instance one may
want the option to ask the user if they want to use dlmalloc() instead of
the malloc that comes with the their linux distribution. Why would you
want that ? My development system has been using it for 2.5 years
so far - don't recall the exact reason, maybe whim ? gnu issues ?

      Version 2.8.0 Mon May 30 14:59:49 2005  Doug Lea  (dl at gee)

Maiko