[nos-bbs] Paxon + FlexNet + openVPN = AXUDP packet terminal

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Mon Aug 5 19:54:25 EDT 2019

Unreal, these 2 packages are from 2003, still working in Windows 7 !

1) Paxon Packet Terminal (Version 2.00.1114 Beta)

        http://www.paxon.de/download.html

2) PC/Flexnet32 (Version 3.3g)

        http://www.afthd.tu-darmstadt.de/~flexnet/modules.html

3) Configure a channel in FlexNet axip udp driver, point to JNOS

         channel 0  AXIP UDP Driver  Config 192.168.200.201

    * my JNOS is on the cloud, I use a VPN to get to 192.168.200.201

4) Configure an axudp interface on my JNOS side :

         attach axudp home 256 10.8.10.6

    * axudp to my windows 7 PC at home (over the VPN)

These IP addresses don't make sense right ? That's because my JNOS is
presently running on the cloud on top of a linux host. My Home PC is
running Windows 7 at present. I use openVPN to link my home PC to my
linux host, routing is in place so that I can access my JNOS direct
from my home PC, as long as I'm connected to my openVPN server.

The 10.8.10.6 is the IP address (when VPN is connected) of my home
PC, the 192.168.200.201 is the JNOS side of the linux tun interface,
the route which is pushed to my home PC when VPN is connected.

So for those of you that do not have a radio port and want to do
some testing, this setup will work wonders for you, packet tracing
facilities of Flexnet are available, and so on.

Maiko / VE4KLM