[nos-bbs] JNOS rms support - winlink express packet connections

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Mon Aug 5 18:49:22 EDT 2019

Not quite ready but encouraging, click URL if you need proof :)

   https://www.langelaar.net/progressRMScall.png

Late saturday night, used latest Winlink Express on my Windows 7
Desktop kiss linked via 3 wire serial port to my JNOS development
system running on a linux box with a kiss port there as well.

Too bad the winlink express scripts can't do the Callsign: and
Password: portions of the initial CMS pre login stage (that's
what it looks like anyway), so I was forced to do that within
the new tnlink.c module that I wrote for this.

By the way, this is not specific to Winlink, you can use the
new tnlink feature to any server which has a telnet service.

My initial testing was a simple telnet to my own JNOS box, and
once I got the sequence working, I tried it on the CMS server,
and it seems to be doing what it should (as shown in image).

Kinda cool, but this 'slightly more then proof of concept' now
shows that JNOS can behave just like an RMS node for any RMS or
Winlink Express packet clients on VHF, UHF, etc.

Example configs (may change) :

   ax25 mycall ve4klm-1
   ax25 bbscall ve4klm
   ax25 ttycall ve4klm-2

   # jumpstart ve4klm-11 to Winlink CMS server
   ax25 tncall ve4klm-11 cms.winlink.org 8772 cronly

   # jumpstart ve4klm-11 to a telnet connection with my local jnos
   #ax25 tncall ve4klm-11 192.168.200.201 23

Maiko / VE4KLM