[nos-bbs] Changing BIDs

Ray Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 23:19:26 EDT 2018

It has been brought to my attention that the W6RAY JNOS BBS is changing
the BID. Here is what Paul N6RME:

*** BEGIN QUOTE ***

> On May 30, 2018 at 7:32 PM Ray Quinn<w6ray at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>

> On 5/28/2018 23:01, Paul wrote:
>> I presume someone has communicated with you regarding your system
>> configuration in that it's changing message BIDs?
>> R:180528/2039z @:N6MEF.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM [Santa Clara] #:19124 $:22714_w6ray
>> R:180526/0701z @:W6RAY.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM [Park Ridge, KCNP, California] #:22783 $
>> :22714_W6RAY Z:93291
>> R:180525/2300z @:W2XSC.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM [Santa Clara Co] #:24938 $:3685_w7ees
>> R:180525/2245z @:W1XSC.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM [Santa Clara Co] #:32100 $:3685_w7ees
>> R:180525/2239Z @:N6RME.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM #:10239 [El Dorado] $:3685_W7EES
>> R:180525/2238z @:I0OJJ.ITA.EU [Rome] #:24721 $:3685_w7ees
>>
>> Perhaps that's why your BBS is off-line tonight?
>>
> Not until I did a search of the file system for a certain text string.
> Is this circular or just dupes? I have no clue as to what is causing it
> nor when it started.
> Any ideas how to stop it?

What I see is each message received by your BBS is having the original BID removed and a new one added from your system. Then your BBS sends them out and they get forwarded around again since the BID has changed. I know practically nothing about JNOS. I would consult the docs (if any), forum (if any), other JNOS users you know, and/or the author.

*** END QUOTE ***

I have no idea what could cause this nor how to stop it. I downloaded
and recompiled 28 May 2018 11:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time. (UTC-7).

--
---

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body,
then only left-handed people are in their right minds.

                                  _____

                      73 de Ray Quinn W6RAY
                         GMRS - WQTX645
                      Visalia, CA USA DM06ii