[nos-bbs] etelnet

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Mar 30 17:52:47 EDT 2018

Oops, I was actually going to respond to this ...

I've never used it, but this is basically what I tried for the fun of it :

  * Compiled my JNOS with MD5AUTHENTICATION support, figure out how this
    works, okay I see, it's plain TELNET but with MD5 encryption on the
    payload, easy  enough to use, no special service to run, from my own
    command line :

     jnos> etelnet 127.0.0.1 ve4klm <password>

That's about all there was to it, documented in the original JNOS :

   http://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/archive/documents/manuals/JNOS2-MAN.txt

but that was there before JNOS 2.0 was even an idea ...

Maiko