[nos-bbs] Query about passwords

Bruce Nebergall K4TQL k4tql at dts-ga.com
Wed Feb 21 20:04:50 EST 2018

I've been a LOOOOONG time away from NOS.  Back in the day, I used a copy
of KA9Q NOS to create GRAPESNOS which was used in a 56K RF lan around
the Atlanta/North Georgia area.  Back then things were simpler.
Passwords, if you had them, were sent in the clear.

Now, if I read the documentation correctly, passwords used for JNOS2 are
encrypted.  Are they passed on RF encrypted or in the clear?  I know you
can encrypt them for storage but what about on-the-air logins?

Bruce / K4TQL
--
dah di di dit ... dah dit

Amateur Radio Station Kilo Four Tango Quebec Lima