[nos-bbs] KISS TNC?

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Thu Jun 29 01:52:50 EDT 2017

What make/model TNCs are you guys using with JNOS?

We've been using kantronics KPC-3+ for many years.  But starting in January
2017 they changed to include an FTDI usb-to-serial adapter.  So a USB port
replaces the serial port.  OK, no big deal.

BUT . the errata sheet that comes with the TNC says that "The options for
GPS, KISS, XKISS, MODEM, and NET will not be useable, or may have limited
functionality."  Not very encouraging.  I've asked Kantronics for an
explanation.  but I figure it's time to look elsewhere.  Hence my question
above.

Michael

N6MEF