[nos-bbs] soundcard modem software - can any of them connect out ?

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Jul 25 13:09:28 EDT 2017

 > Slave the port to your production machine out in the cloud via VPN or
similar?

I want something very simple, have the soundmodem software connect to
my floating cloud based or whatever JNOS or other systems. There's a
mobility
aspect to this as well, and it's nice and clean, just one connect, done.
Let the
JNOS or other system deal with bringing up the port as active or not in
service.

I want to switch the role of the soundmodem software, instead of running a
listener, why not have the ability to connect to a central server that
has a port
preconfigured, so that when client connects the port becomes 'active'
type of
thing.

I actually BCCd Patrick of MultiPSK on this (he's on holidays), curious
how easy
it would be for him to implement, but at the same time don't want to
create a
huge make work project for him. It was just an idea, but I would
certainly use.

Maiko