[nos-bbs] NTS Rewrite rule

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Sep 13 22:02:47 EDT 2016

> Thanks for reading this... I'm looking for a good @nts* rewrite rule for
> JNOS. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Brian,

I have included what we use below.

But I will add the following:
We don't have any local operators that are interested in handling NTS traffic.  So I don't know the mechanics of how an NTS operator would use JNOS to handle an NTS message.  Specifically, to be able to see the mailbox, I guess it would need to be listed in the areas file.  But I don't think anyone but a sysop can delete messages from public mailboxes.  So I don't know how a local JNOS user would pick up an NTS message and then delete it from the mailbox (so that someone else doesn't try to handle the same message).

Michael
N6MEF

# Valid NTS address formats are:
#
#   <zipcode>@NTS<st>
#
#       where:  <zipcode> is 5 digit zip code
#               <st> is 2-letter state (USA) or province (Canada)
#
# Typically there would be four sets of rules:
#   1) match specific zipcodes for which we will handle delivery and place
#      in a local area for local NTS operators to handle (e.g. nts)
#   2) (optional) match specific zipcodes that our forwarding
#      partners handle and place them in areas for forwarding to them
#      (e.g. nts_<zipcode> or nts_rn<#>)
#      This gets those messages directly to their intended destination.
#   3) (optional) match specific states that our forwarding partners handle
#      and place them in areas for forwarding to them (e.g. nts_<st>)
#   4) match all other (general) NTS traffic and place it in an area for
#      forwarding to some designated forwarding partner(s) (e.g. ntsfwd)
#

#------- Specific NTS addresses for which we handle delivery -------------
#    <zipcode>@ntsca	nts

# -- None at this time

#------- Specific NTS addresses that our forwarding partners handle ------
#  Send to a single forwarding partner

955??@ntsca		ag6qo_bbs
956??@ntsca		ag6qo_bbs
957??@ntsca		ag6qo_bbs

#------- General NTS for other states that our forwarding partners handle
#    ?????@nts<st>		nts_<st>

# -- None at this time

#------- US States and Territories and Canadian Provinces ----------------

# USA States
#--------------------------------------
?????@ntsak		ntsfwd
?????@ntsal		ntsfwd
?????@ntsar		ntsfwd
?????@ntsaz		ntsfwd

?????@ntsca		ntsfwd
?????@ntsco		ntsfwd
?????@ntsct		ntsfwd

?????@ntsdc		ntsfwd
?????@ntsde		ntsfwd

?????@ntsfl		ntsfwd

?????@ntsga		ntsfwd

?????@ntshi		ntsfwd

?????@ntsia		ntsfwd
?????@ntsid		ntsfwd
?????@ntsil		ntsfwd
?????@ntsin		ntsfwd

?????@ntsks		ntsfwd
?????@ntsky		ntsfwd

?????@ntsla		ntsfwd

?????@ntsma		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmd		ntsfwd
?????@ntsme		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmi		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmn		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmo		ntsfwd
?????@ntsms		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmt		ntsfwd

?????@ntsnc		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnd		ntsfwd
?????@ntsne		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnh		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnj		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnm		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnv		ntsfwd
?????@ntsny		ntsfwd

?????@ntsoh		ntsfwd
?????@ntsok		ntsfwd
?????@ntsor		ntsfwd

?????@ntspa		ntsfwd

?????@ntsri		ntsfwd

?????@ntssc		ntsfwd
?????@ntssd		ntsfwd

?????@ntstn		ntsfwd
?????@ntstx		ntsfwd

?????@ntsut		ntsfwd

?????@ntsva		ntsfwd
?????@ntsvt		ntsfwd

?????@ntswa		ntsfwd
?????@ntswi		ntsfwd
?????@ntswv		ntsfwd
?????@ntswy		ntsfwd

# US Territories
#--------------------------------------
# AS	American Samoa
# FM	Federated States of Micronesia
# GU	Guam
# MH	Marshall Islands
# MP	Northern Mariana Islands
# PR	Puerto Rico
# PW	Palau
# VI	US Virgin Islands

?????@ntsas		ntsfwd
?????@ntsfm		ntsfwd
?????@ntsgu		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmh		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmp		ntsfwd
?????@ntspr		ntsfwd
?????@ntspw		ntsfwd
?????@ntsvi		ntsfwd

# Canadian Provinces
#--------------------------------------
# Ref:  http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub28/28apa_005.htm
# Ref:  http://www.comeexplorecanada.com/abbreviations.php
#
# AB	Alberta
# BC	British Columbia
# MB	Manitoba
# NB	New Brunswick
# NL	Newfoundland and Labrador
# NS	Nova Scotia
# NT	Northwest Territories
# NU	Nunavut Territory
# ON	Ontario
# PE	Prince Edward Island
# QC	Quebec
# SK	Saskatchewan
# YT	Yukon Territory

?????@ntsab		ntsfwd
?????@ntsbc		ntsfwd
?????@ntsmb		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnb		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnl		ntsfwd
?????@ntsns		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnt		ntsfwd
?????@ntsnu		ntsfwd
?????@ntson		ntsfwd
?????@ntspe		ntsfwd
?????@ntspq		ntsfwd
?????@ntssk		ntsfwd
?????@ntsyt		ntsfwd

# Any other local part @ nts?? is bogus
# Refuse, check or pass it through so it can be rejected by the smtp gateway

*@nts??			$1 at nts$2$3

# There are evidently international NTS domains in the form of ntsXXX.
# But we're not sure and we don't know what they are.  So we won't handle them.
# Refuse, check or pass it through so it can be rejected by the smtp gateway

*@nts???		$1 at nts$2$3$4

# Any other local part @ nts is bogus
# Refuse, check or pass it through so it can be rejected by the smtp gateway

*@nts			$1 at nts

# END