[nos-bbs] Sending Mail via wl2k to internet address using Thunderbird

Peter mcCorison peter at mccorison.com
Mon May 16 20:21:29 EDT 2016

Micheal and list,

Thanks for your clear response. Your guess is exactly what we do. It all works fine except TB-->JNOS-->wl2k. Your analysis agrees with my thinking. I've tried the rewrite  suggestions you make. I'm able to change the internal To: address but that doesn't change the To: Address that's sent over the radio to RMS/wl2k. Some where In the JNOS docos there's the statement that none of the rewrite systems affect the actual To: address in the email. My tests confirm that statement.

So rewrite cannot add 'SMTP:' in front of the actual To: address, nor can it remove the quotes that screw up transfer to wl2k. I fear that a code patch will required to send  an email with Rfc-822 compliant To: address for the standard Internet to Winlink.

BTW, JNOS forwards emails from the bbs to wl2k just fine with the accursed SMTP: prepended to the address.

Thanks again, Micheal, for your thoughtful reply.

 - Peter, K2SPR