[nos-bbs] 2.0k status and wierd linfbb eol termination stuff

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jun 1 13:26:32 EDT 2016

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I have been wanting to
release the original bleeding source with additions for the last few
weeks, but am caught up on one problem I've run into regarding
forwarding with linfbb (well, Bob's ve3tok version anyways).

I have confirmed that linfbb is not being consistent with sending EOL
sequences during forwarding of proposals. For instance I might get a
few proposals coming in terminated with 0x0d 0x0a, then I send a few
proposals of my own back to linfbb, then I get another batch of incoming
proposals, but they turn out to be terminated with just 0x0d. JNOS thinks
there should be an 0x0a, and gobbles up the byte (which turns out to be
the start byte of an incoming proposal, and forwarding breaks). It seems
to be harmless, but it's disruptive.

I'm trying to find a fix for this (on my end), and I think I can make it
work, so far so good, I have some code in place that confirms the issue,
just have to make it so that the forwarding doesn't break.

Also, what's keeping me from releasing 2.0k is that outbound forwarding
to a BPQ right now just results in a connection and that's it. Trying to
figure that out as well. Incoming BPQ is working flawlessly (with Bob's
test system).

Maiko