[nos-bbs] Convers link IP

Jeifer jeifer at cwo.com
Tue Jul 12 11:53:23 EDT 2016

Hi Gus,

Thanks for responding.

There's no problem with convers running.

The issue occurs if the link should fail (for any reason), the server tries
to relink to a bogus ip address that somehow shows up in the 'convers link'
statement.  In the example (below), the ip 117.112.109.100 is nowhere to be
found on my system.  The correct link ip should be 44.131.244.1 which was
used to make the original connection to the remote server.

Shortly after I start the convers server, a bogus ip replaces the
44.131.244.1 address.  The server contines to run without a problem.  But,
if it should fail, it trys to relink using the bogus ip and, of course, it
fails to relink because the bogus ip is not associated with any convers
server(s). Also, the bogus ip's are not listed in the 'convers filter
accept'
file.

It doesn't matter what convers server(s) I choose to link with, the original
link address always gets replaced by a bogus ip address.  The bogus address
ip remains the same, unless I choose a differnet convers server. Then, the
bogus ip changes.

I don't recall this behavior in previous versions of Jnos.

Hope this made sense :)

Jack AA6HF

jnos> convers link

  Catham_UK: 117.112.109.100:26222
Host       State        Software  Since NextTry Tries Receivd Xmitted
TxQueue
Catham_UK  Connected    saupp1.6   3:12                264424 2574
0
***

jnos> convers filter mode
Mode is: Accept

jnos> convers filter
Mode is: Accept
44.131.244.1
192.147.172.252
44.12.3.129

(nos.log )
Tue Jul 12 03:09:43 2016  CONSOLE - convers link 44.131.244.1
Tue Jul 12 03:12:06 2016  CONSOLE - convers filter 44.131.244.1

---EOF---