[nos-bbs] before you compile 2.0k_rc - a note about IAC

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Jul 3 12:33:48 EDT 2016

Just a clarification, incase the release notes are a bit confusing
with regard to the IAC stuff. I'll try and rewrite them later on.

For those of you who have existing JNOS source and systems, you
need to make sure you include the following in your config.h :

    #define JNOS_DEFAULT_NOIAC

then do a 'make clean', followed by a 'make'. If you don't, then your
telnet forwarding will likely break with your existing configurations,
so do yourself a big favour and make sure of this.

In my release notes, I have noted that the default behavior has been
preserved, but technically I guess it has not. It is preserved, providing
you place the above #define in your config.h file. From my perspective,
the #define is permanent (not meant to be removed), so in that sense it
is preserving the default behavior.

The only reason I included the #define in the first place was to give a
few people (Gus :) some flexibility, everyone wins - including me :)

Maiko