[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0k.rc (small update)

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Jul 3 10:19:17 EDT 2016

I have updated the rsync area (no version change).

Please read the release history for information :

  http://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/documents/changes.txt

The B1F change has nothing to do with the 'early disconnects', I actually
ran some traces earlier on and to be honest, all of my cases are valid, I
simply did not get anything from the remote side. It happens ! I get them
anywhere from 1 to 6 times a day, but then don't see them for over a week,
then they happen again. It's not something I'm terribly concerned about.

Sure, JNOS may try a second time to propose a message or a batch of them,
but most of the time in my case, they're rejected by the remote end the
second time and I can confirm the remote end actually did get the content
the first time around, even if the logs show an early disconnect.

So yes (Jack) try it out ...

Maiko