[nos-bbs] Winlink mail and JNOS

Brian n1uro at n1uro.ampr.org
Fri Dec 23 13:43:44 EST 2016

Peter;

On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 15:19 -0800, Peter McCorison wrote:
> The limitation is that you can't send email via Winlink to a
> non-winlink address from a regular email client because the "smtp:"
> prefix gets quoted and that confuses winlink.

The appendage of "smtp:" in an address string I don't believe is part of
the SMTP RFC specs. See:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6531

The mail engine of JNOS is smtp based... why is there a need to use
Winlink and not migrate users over to JNOS instead or other
packet<>email gateway systems? There's plenty of them available.
--

73 de Brian - N1URO
email: (see above)