[nos-bbs] multiple options for "start telnet"

'Gustavo Ponza' g.ponza at tin.it
Mon Apr 25 06:13:30 EDT 2016

I'm going crazy because all this messed up and inconsistent/
incoherent soup of items: linfbb, bpqbbs, bpqnode, the
leading point, the cronly, the enableiac, and so on...

I note, sometimes, some disinformations and unnecessary
reports, so I'll try to stress my knowledge to fix some points.

I'm using ONLY the first bleeding+forward.c and found that
it is FULLY ABLE to forwarding on the two way and WITHOUT
ERRORS with the WL2K, various modern linfbb versions, the
latest obcm releases (linux and windoze) and with an old
tnos-2.30 having some BF only capability... so I stay steady
here with this release and don't move further 'sine die'.

Again, my autoexec.nos don't use any 'mbox fbb x' at all.

Forward setups must be:

LINFBB:

ve3xxx 0023 P
telnet 44.135.xx.xx 6300
@
+Callsign :
.i0ojj
+Password :
.pluto

WINLINK2000 CMS:

telnet server.winlink.org 8772 telpac noiac

...and so on. The only extra switchs used are, and must be ONLY,
that used to connect the CMS; for all other situations we don't
need NOTHING to setup !

About the BPQ telnet ports (TelnetServer) they are, among the
others:

   TCPPORT=8010
   FBBPORT=8011 6300 etc.

So, repeat again: the TCPPORT which has number 8010 (as the
normal DEFAULT statement) is dedicated for the REAL Telnet
connections and it is the ONLY port to connect OUR JNOS2 to the
BPQNODE (not to the BPQBBS!) see below as this is done.

The FBBPORT was created ONLY and repeat ONLY to connect
the alpha windoze 32bit version 1.0.35 dated Jun 10, 2001.

At moment I haven't done no tests between the modern
linfbb and the actual BPQNODE but I'm almost convinced
that we get the functioning by connecting the TCPPORT
and not the FBBPORT.

However, coming back to our JNOS2, making just on-the-fly
tests, IT IS ABLE TO CONNECT the TCPPORT 8010 of my TEST
SET LinBPQ Version 6.0.12.33 and so IT MUST CORRECT
FORWARD WITH IT by using this PORT.

CONNECTING THE TCPPORT:

-----------------------------
i0ojj at i0ojj:~$ telnet 44.134.32.240 4719
Trying 44.134.32.240...
Connected to 44.134.32.240.
Escape character is '^]'.

JNOS (i0ojj.ampr.org)

Use your callsign to 'login' and your name as 'password'
login: i0ojj
Password [571dda00] :
[JNOS-2.0j.7v-B2FHIM$]

An advanced SICD ampr.org router/server
in Rome Italy - JN61LR @ i0ojj.ampr.org

You have 0 messages.
New mail in: meteo  world  wp
Current msg# 0.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
telnet 44.134.32.240 8010
Trying...  The escape character is: CTRL-T
*** connected to 44.134.32.240:8010
user:i0ojj
password:xxxxx

Welcome to I0OJJ's Telnet Server
Enter ? for list of commands

SICD:IR0AAB-2} Version 6.0.12.33
bbs
SICD:IR0AAB-2} Connected to BBS
[BPQ-6.0.12.33-IHJM$]
Hello Gus. Latest Message is 31, Last listed is 31
de IR0AAB>
*** Disconnected from Stream 1

*** reconnected to ROMEGW:IR0RM

Current msg# 0.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
------------------------------

CONNECTING the (so called) FBBPORT:

The JNOS2 connects with the LinBPQ FBBPORT *but* it remains
hanged up and so absolutely UNABLE for ANY USE different from
that with the outdated WinFBB!!!

------------------------------
i0ojj at i0ojj:~$ telnet 44.134.32.240 4719
Trying 44.134.32.240...
Connected to 44.134.32.240.
Escape character is '^]'.

JNOS (i0ojj.ampr.org)

Use your callsign to 'login' and your name as 'password'
Login incorrect
login: i0ojj
Password [571ddc38] :
[JNOS-2.0j.7v-B2FHIM$]

An advanced SICD ampr.org router/server
in Rome Italy - JN61LR @ i0ojj.ampr.org

You have 0 messages.
New mail in: meteo  world  wp
Current msg# 0.
?,A,B,C,CONV,D,E,F,H,I,IH,IP,J,K,L,M,N,NR,O,P,PI,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Z >
telnet 44.134.32.240 8011
Trying...  The escape character is: CTRL-T
*** connected to 44.134.32.240:8011

73, gus