[nos-bbs] MRTG

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Apr 24 08:05:08 EDT 2016

Hi Ron,

> Is there any documentation on how to setup the MRTG graphing?

The only documentation I have is this below :

    http://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/documents/practical/

Look under the SNMP section. Please note, I've made changes to the snmp
code, so you can do a bit more than what the documentation says, and the
'snmp' command syntax has also changed just recently (look at the release
history for that information).

Also, the RRDTOOL part is not covered at all in the documentation, since
I only recently started playing with it. You still setup your MRTG as I
have documented, but then you kinda just drop in the RRDTOOL program, and
it lets you create the really fancy graphs like the one you see on my main
JNOS page.

I have not had the chance to update the documentation to include the
RRDTOOL thing, but I can certainly post my configuration for people,
I just need a bit of time to get that done. Give me a day or so, and
I'll put the configurations in the same SNMP section. Thank you.

Maiko / VE4KLM