[nos-bbs] bleeding edge (version 2) for testing

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Apr 23 20:59:02 EDT 2016

For testing, don't put into production (note bleeding2 not bleeding) :

     cd < some empty directory >
     rsync -av www.langelaar.net::jnos2 .
     rsync -av www.langelaar.net::bleeding2 .
     make clean
     make
OR
     cd <a COPY of your existing source tree>
     rsync -av www.langelaar.net::bleeding2 .
     make clean
     make

The ONLY difference here with regard to the big IAC (telnet forwarding)
is the options, there is no more 'noiac', it's now 'enableiac', the
actual IAC code is the same, so things should work still.

I have updated the JNOS release history, it's got all the information
you will need, plus technical notes. There are also other goodies, in
particular the SNMP server is now 'secure', have fun with it.

If anyone is curious or absolutely bored, check out the new RRDTOOL/MRTG
traffic stats chart on the main JNOS webpage. Updated every 15 minutes.

PLEASE - don't send me or the list data dumps, they won't be any different
then the last barrage I got (which I have yet to look at, that's the next
step for me), so please no more data dumps. I think what was sent over the
past week or so is more then enough. I simply need time to look at them.

My intention is for this latest code to eventually be released as 2.0j.8,
since there have been significant changes made over the last while. Based
on my examination of the data dumps, plus more testing, and no doubt more
changes to the code, it may still be a bit of time before that happens.

Maiko / VE4KLM