[nos-bbs] Compiling v. 2.0j.7v

Peter McCorison peter at mccorison.com
Fri Apr 22 17:39:16 EDT 2016

trying to compile JNOS v. 2.0j.7v. I'm finding myself in header hell
with many missing files.

environment:
vanilla 386 desktop 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04.4
linux 3.13.0-85-generic
JNOS 2.0j.7v

Initially, wlauth.c fails lacking header file md5.h. Cascade of errors
follow that. If I supply a header with the missing defines, I get a
different set of errors, and more complaints of missing headers.

I've successfully compiled JNOS2 several times for intel and for Rpi,
but I'm pretty green at this, not having worked with unix in the last
thirty years. I think my last box was an HP something or other that took
up half a room.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

  - Peter, K2SPR