[nos-bbs] forgot to mention - expire future and indexing mod

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Apr 17 23:53:38 EDT 2016

> The bleeding source also includes a fix so that GMT dated messages
> such as bulletins are now indexed to the local time, not GMT time.
>
> So the expire future feature 'should work now'. I ran a few basic
> tests and it seems to be doing what it should.

[Michael Fox]

Yes, this seems to be fixed for the prior test case.  For the benefit of others, the test case was:

- Send a message via forwarding to another BBS that is in a timezone that is negative compared to GMT.
- For example:  sp user at n6mef.#nca.ca.usa.noam    (which is in Pacific time = GMT-8)
- Message arrives at destination BBS (n6mef) marked with the correct GMT time (GMT seems to be common for most BBS-forwarded messages)
- At the JNOS prompt of the destination BBS (n6mef):  "expire future on" then "expire now"
- Previously, the expire function saw message time as 8 hours in the future since it didn't consider the timezone.  The message would be "futured"/deleted.
- Now. the message is not retained.

I also tried sending a bulletin to our local bay-area distribution.  That worked, too.

I'll try some more to break it.  But so far, it's working correctly.  Excellent!

Michael
N6MEF