[nos-bbs] Winlink CMS Secure Login requirements and JNOS

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Oct 22 15:24:23 EDT 2015

Greetings,

I found out a while ago that Winlink will be mandating secure login in
the near future for any clients connecting to Winlink CMS servers. For
complete details, I encourage you to visit the following URL :

    www.winlink.org/content/cms_login_changes_due_soon

IF your JNOS system interacts with a CMS server, this will affect you.

As of today, I have successfully implemented the secure login on my JNOS
development system, it works as it should, I just have to clean up things
and figure out how to configure user passwords in a 'secure manner'.

I'll have more later, including a software update in the near future ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

  www.langelaar.net