[nos-bbs] date written to index - should we force it to local time zone ?

Don Moore ve3zda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 09:52:07 EST 2015

I think that if it's allowed to stay in the time zone it came from then the
inbox would get cluttered with many different times  depending on their
source zones.
That would only confuse anyone trying to read mail and pinning it down.
So, local time would or should be the best but as Michael has suggested
that it's up to the developer's discretion.

I too have submitted $0.02
Don

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Maiko Langelaar <maiko at pcs.mb.ca> wrote:

> The index file is internal to JNOS and, therefore, I think anyone
>> would say it is developer's discretion.  As long as the date/timezone in
>> the actual message is not changed, I don't see a problem.
>>

> That's what I'm thinking.
>
> Anyone else want to chime in ?
>

> Maiko

cheers,