[nos-bbs] BPQ telnet problem

Michael E Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Jan 4 21:03:26 EST 2015

O.K.  So that answers my 3rd question, which is: what does telpac do?
Answer:  telpac disables compressed forwarding and sends only CR, not CRLF,
at the end of each line.
Correct?

And "cronly" just send only CR, not CRLF at the end of each line.
Correct?

Still, that's not the problem.  If you refer to my original post, you'll see
that I tried "telpac" and it didn't work.

Also, I wrote that I can achieve the desired result with <RETURN> followed
by <CTRL><RETURN>, instead of just <RETURN>.  Alternatively, I can set "eol
null" which, according to the help screen sends a second CR.  So "cronly"
and "telpac" seem to be going in the opposite direction from what's needed
in this case.

I also just read Bob Tenty's email, which says that even "eol null" doesn't
address all parts of the problem.

I suspect (but don't know) that there's a problem in the telnet options
negotiation that JNOS is doing (or else the implementation of the negotiated
options) which causes it to have a problem where others don't.  I guess if
no one has a ready-made answer, the next step is to take some Wireshark
traces of the telnet session to see what's different between how the JNOS
client and other clients behave.

Michael
N6MEF