[nos-bbs] Server Recommendations?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Tue Nov 11 07:27:14 EST 2014

I would go for an embedded solution such as the Alix or the Soekris.

IMHO the xPi (there are a number of clones available now) requires too
much additional hardware and work to create a sensible platform. They
were designed as a learning tool but have been pushed into all sorts
of service. They only have an outbound sound card too making them
unusable for any sound modems you may wish to use.

You can also get Atom based machines for almost nothing too. I saw a
1.9GHz dual core Atom on ebay with 4GB RAM and an 8GB SSD for $135!!

Mark