[nos-bbs] How to avoid SMTP spam mail in mqueue

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:24:32 EDT 2014

Jose,

Have you defined this in your config.h before your compiled jnos?

#define SMTP_DENY_RELAY /* Refuse to relay msgs from hosts not in our
subnets */

After that you can enable relay for a subnet if you need it, like this
for example...

smtp relay add 44.123.99.1    0xffffff00

There is also a file called "refile" what is located in the jnos spool
directory what you can
use to filter email based on the "From:" addresses.
I will give you a couple of examples:

*@financier.com|*@* refuse
warbelventas at warbel.com.ar|*@* refuse
h*lampe at chello.nl|*@* refuse
*@astroexpo.com@*|* hold
printz9 at 1st.net|ve3tok@* refuse

See also the docs.

But again as already said by others, let Linux do the filtering.

This is of course a lot of work to setup and maintain.
Be also aware that spam filtering can cause a (very) high
CPU load on your computer, etc.

Bob VE3TOK