[nos-bbs] 2.0j.X Crash

Ray Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 29 08:31:12 EST 2013

Maiko, et. al:

Running the latest 2.0j.X, the crashing continues. According to the log,
the last thing it was doing was connecting to forward mail at 03:20
Pacific Standard Time.

Here is the output from GDB:

[root at nos jnos]# gdb -p 8964
GNU gdb (GDB) CentOS (7.0.1-45.el5.centos)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".
Attaching to process 8964
Reading symbols from /jnos/jnos...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
0x00726402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) continue
Continuing.

0x080a5c9a in len_p (bp=0x3) at mbuf.c:238
238                 cnt += bp->cnt;
(gdb)

On a related note, on the Raspberry Pi, I am getting hard freezes with
2.0j.X as well. This, only after attaching another port to test local
9600 baud. I wasn't running GDB at that time and the log shows nothing.
I will do further research after work today.

Thanks!!

--
                                  _____

                      73 de Ray Quinn W6RAY