[nos-bbs] Expire.dat

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun May 5 17:15:19 EDT 2013

Ray,

I've seen the same thing.  Multiple areas.  I find messages that are far
older than the expire time I have set.  So something is amiss.

I noticed on a test machine that if the connections were down for a while
(such as when I was reconfiguring the machine) that this would exacerbate
the problem.  It seems that the expire routine is simply not going through
the whole list of messages.

I added an item to my TO-DO list an item to try to create a script that
would read the file, find the dates, and delete anything older.  I'm not
much of a script writer but I figured I'd give it a try because the expire
function is not working properly and I don't like simply zeroing out the
mailbox/area.  But it's pretty far down on my priority list.

To me, an even bigger issues that I have right now is the invalid (non-FQDN)
email headers that JNOS sends to the smtp-gateway.  I described the problem
a couple of times before but no response from Maiko so far.

Michael
N6MEF