[nos-bbs] mfj 1278b KISS issues?

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 6 11:14:48 EST 2013

My 1278 did have KISS mode problems; they all did (I don't know about
the 'B') model. It would drop out of KISS during receive if it received
the dreaded FEND sequence embedded in the data stream. They never did
fix that. But this sounds almost like the opposite problem.

Saying "the stupid thing keeps hanging in KISS mode.  It works for a
while then sometimes the lights come on and it is just stuck." is not
very descriptive. Does in hang in Tx or Rx???

If it happens in Tx, should be able to test the RF ingress hypothesis by
lowering to the TX power to the lowest possible level and see if the
problem persists.

Google shows over 37,000 hits for 'mfj 1278 kiss mode problem'.

Best,
jerome - ve7ass