[nos-bbs] 2 jnos computers - Success!

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 2 18:48:29 EST 2013

SUCCESS!!

It all works like a charm now... the two machines can
connect/forward/etc. One is a Raspberry Pie under Deb, jnos2.0j
[VE7POO:POOPIE], and the other is running Puppy Linux, with 2 instances
of jnos2.0i [VE7ASS:YVRASS] & [VE7KIT:YVRKIT].

I had a lot of support from a lot of different folks, off an on list,
and so my thanks to you all and especially to Mark - g7ltt.

Best,
jerome - ve7ass

On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 15:13 -0800, jerome schatten wrote:
> OK... basic connectivity is going!  From machine #1's linux prompt, I
> can ping the jnos side of the tun interface on machine #2. And
> visa-versa.
>
> Thanks for the xtal clear instructions.
>
> Moving on...
>
> jerome -ve7ass
>

> On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 12:49 -0500, Mark Phillips wrote:
> > Forget the JNOS for a minute.
> >
> > It would seem that you need a primer in IPv4 subnetting. For the sake
> > of the others here I'm not gonna go into it too deeply.

[snip]