[nos-bbs] Help With JNOS on DOS

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Feb 11 23:44:27 EST 2013

I am trying help a friend get a very basic JNOS install going.  He is
running Windows XP (which I realize might be the problem).  JNOS does
not seem to be attaching to his TNC (in kiss mode).  The device tnc0
is not initiated after the attach command and we are getting all the
error messages to that effect.

Here is the contents of the autoexec.nos file:

#
# This is an autoexec.nos file for WA6TJQ
#
#domain cache size 30
#domain suffex ampr.org
#domain translate on
#domain verbose on
#domain addserver kq6up
#
#
#
ip address 44.18.45.1
hostname wa6tjq
ax25 mycall WA6TJQ-4  #This must preced "attach"
#
#
#
attach asy 0x3f8 4 ax25ui tnc0 2048 256 9600 # Attaches a TNC to COM1
#
# Set parameters for the TNC
#
param tnc0 1 20 # TX Delay (x10ms)
param tnc0 2 63 # Persistance (0-255)
param tnc0 3 10 # Slot Time (x 10ms)
param tnc0 4 10 # TX Tail (x 10ms)
param tnc0 5 0  # 0=HDX
param tnc0 dtr 1
param tnc0 rts 1
#
# Start some stuff!
#
start ftp
start finger
start remote
start echo
start ttylink

I run JNOS in Linux and have no problems. I also realize that he would
have no loopback with this file, but I just want to verify we can get
his JNOS talking to his TNC.

His TNC is set in 1200 baud mode, so we also tried changing the 9600
to 1200 in the attach command with no luck.

Thanks,
Chris Maness KQ6UP