[nos-bbs] Jnos networking problem

Miguel Bahi Cruz miguelbahi_cruz at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:07:28 EDT 2013

Hi, This is mi firs
msg to the list, as a  presentation of
myself, and make first question to the list.

I have a test node in
Jnos  2.0j under ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS.
The node basically is working ok.  Now I
want internet connectivity for give access
to the users or myself, to the node to telnet, and link with  other ampr nodes thru AXIP link, and converse
nodes, to the rest of the world net.

I am making a config scenario similar to Maiko makes in his setup like
this graphic http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/practical/jnosntwk.jpg

The only difference
is ,  that my Linux runs under a virtual
machine in VMware Server v1, in a Windows 2003 Server ES R2 SP2  server machine.

The problem is the config don’t works, because my ADSL
router don’t support add a static route like Maiko make in his router ( the DMZ
feature if is implemented and activated but is not sufficient to work in my
case ). I need make a static route between the adsl router and the jnos
box.

Asking to Maiko about this, we speak in different
solutions:

-Activate a router in Ubuntu, and add this static route
between the adsl router and Linux box.

-Use a external physical router between the router
adsl and the server machine, I have a Linkys WRT54GL with firmware DD-WRT, with
very flexible config options.

The first option is very difficult to me, because  I am not Linux expert. Any help is welcome

I try the second option using two lan ports of the lan
side of the linksys router (1 connect to server machine ( Ubuntu Linux ) and
the other to ADSL router, and I added a static route in the router to jnos box
( all in the same subnet ) in to Linux box, but the pings and telnet don’t Works.

I am now trying making new config with different
subnets  ( use the lan, and wan side of
the router ), but I have more doubts.

Fort this I ask about help about this.

Thanks in advance