[nos-bbs] JNOS and RIP routing

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Oct 30 05:32:40 EDT 2012

Michael,

> 1)  If I?m using linux as my amprnet gateway, then should I #undef
> RIPAMPRGW?  Or just leave it alone?

You can leave it alone if you're not using RIP at all.

If you need original RIP functionality, then undefine.

If you want to use the AMPRnet RIP broadcasts (provided you meet the
configuration requirement in the documents section), then define it.

> 2)  Does RIPAMPRGW interfere in any way with RIP?

Unfortunately yes, I'm trying to rectify the problem.

> somewhere that the two would interfere with each other. But I
> see they are both #defined in the default config.h).

You have to define both if you intend to use the AMPRnet RIP broadcasts.

Maiko