[nos-bbs] NNTP server authentication

kd6oat kd6oat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:29:41 EST 2012

In the past,  I have used my jnos setup to access selected news groups from
rec.radio and sci.space via NNTP. Recently however, I changed my ISP to one
that does not have a nntp server. Since I still have an e-mail account with
my prior ISP, I can continue to use their service but now it requires
authentication. I would be interested to hear form anyone who has tackled
this problem before. Has anyone, by chance, modified the jnos nntp source
code to provide a means of authentication ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Ken - KD6OAT