[nos-bbs] SPAM: Re: TNC Constipation

echicken echicken at bbs.electronicchicken.com
Wed May 30 13:58:23 EDT 2012

> Is there a way to clear it in software?

If you normally have to powercycle your TNC in order to get past this,
then probably not.  KISS doesn't have a command for this that I know
of.

If you're able to connect to your TNC from a terminal emulator, send
the sequence to bring it out of KISS mode, reset it while in terminal
mode and then bring it back into KISS mode, that may work.

This won't be of immediate help to you, but if I recall correctly it's
possible to wire the KPC3+ so that you can reset it via a pin on its
serial port.  You may be able to rig something up so that you can
trigger a reset remotely.

Derek
VE3XEC