[nos-bbs] TNC Constipation

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 30 13:17:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> wrote:
> I notice ever so often (around once a month) I have to power cycle my
> TNC.  It seems to just go deaf to the world.  Is there a way to clear
> this by remote?  I am not going to be around my shack until much later
> today.  The TNC is a KPC-3+ fv8.3

A KPC3+ -- is it running in KISS?  (Silly question...)    They have a
known issue getting stuck at about that time frame that's been vexing
the APRS world for years and Kantronics refuses to acknowledge that
it's real.

If hour old APRS packets start showing up in the aprs feed it is
usually traced back to an iGate with a KPC3+ in KISS mode.

Bill