[nos-bbs] how to reply to a bulletin ?

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue May 15 22:11:19 EDT 2012

So Maiko -- I asked jnoswiki because the question is interesting...

I queried on the text "reply" and got 16 hits -- so I chose the BBS hit
and saw the following as posted below...

On 05/15/2012 08:46 PM, Maiko Langelaar wrote:

> Some of the bulletins under @ww are quite interesting.
>
> Seems I am not able to (more accurately I don't know how) to
> post a REPLY to the bulletin. Using 'sr' simply sends a reply
> to the user that posted the bulletin.
>
> In JNOS, is there not a "send reply to bulletin" command ?
>>
>> *bulletin return [on | OFF]* Displays or sets how a message's return
>> address is obtained. If ON, the return address is obtained from the
>> last R: header line when available. If OFF,
>> sender%forwarding.bbs at mycall is used.
>>
>> Note that for the mailbox SR (send-*reply*) command to work, the
>> system's rewrite file <http://192.168.1.11:9080/jnoswiki/RewriteFile>
>> must be capable of handling the '%' symbol. A recommended rewrite
>> rule is:
>>
>> *%*@YOURCALL* $1@$2 r
SO my interpretation is:

 1. As superuser you may set one of two reply addresses to use for "SR"
    bulletin response.
 2. As regular user you may "SR" to bulletins but you take what you get
    as an address.

Therefore I guess the answer to your question is no -- not under the
earlier documented design.
Does the code verify this?

> Seriously ?
OK