[nos-bbs] JNOS version numbers

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Mar 20 15:21:12 EDT 2012

The version number has been dealt with :)

Thanks to all for the comments.

> the TNOS learning center.  Is that code portable ?

Most of the TNOS code is portable and vice versa.

> Is it possible for JNOS to use the /dev/dsp (sound device) directly to
> do some HF Packet modes (like winmor).

Believe it or not, I've thought of that, but I'm not sure the user
space threads model used by NOS would be conducive to it working in
a proper manner (or at all for that matter). I guess I don't know at
this point, certainly an interesting question though.

Honestly though, the guys (Thomas) that write this stuff are way
ahead of me (in experience) with writing these drivers, so if they
choose to make them in the form of kernel modules, then I'm happy
with that - they work and very well (for me anyways). So in a way,
it's one of those 'why reinvent the wheel' type situations.

> It is too bad the Tomas Sailor stuff seems to be a bit on the stale
> side for Linux. It looks like no development has occurred for a while

Doesn't bother me - the stuff works (for me anyways).

Maiko