[nos-bbs] Problem attaching tun device

Jose Ng Lee hp2cwb at cwpanama.net
Thu Mar 1 15:10:20 EST 2012

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 11.10 and used the sample autoexec.nos provided by Maiko.
The jnos run OK with no errors.

But, I couldn't get the linux box to telnet to Jnos.  When I do telnet from
the Linux side it gets the Linux prompt.  When, I telnet from outside via
internet to the Jnos IP it get me the Linux prompt.

>From the Jnos I couldn't telnet to the Linux side.  It gets "Resolving
200.46.129.2... Trying 200.46.129.2:telnet..." and no connection.

I am using fix IP address:

Linux: 200.46.129.2
Jnos: 200.46.129.3

On Network Intefaces:  eth0 = 200.46.129.2 and eth0:1 = 200.46.129.3

I enabled ip_forward=1.

Anyone have an idea what I have wrong?

Thanks,
Jose / HP2AT