[nos-bbs] Hard drive issues?

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Sat Jun 16 11:05:42 EDT 2012

Yesterday, I had a power failure, and when power was restored, my JNOS
box failed to boot.  This wouldn't be that big of a deal, but my last
back up is on the old side.  The computer is spontaneously rebooting
when the kernel goes to mount the drive.  I have never had this happen
before.  It is an older SCSI drive.  I imagine the disk is still
working because it is reading the boot sector.  If I use a live CD to
try to mount it also spontaneously reboots.  I am not sure if my BIOS
settings have changed since the power failure.  I checked the clock in
the BIOS and the time was still the current time, so I would imagine
the mother board battery still had some juice.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris KQ6UP