[nos-bbs] JNOS Connect Fail

Kurt Kochendarfer ke7kus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 00:44:02 EDT 2012

>Have you enabled tracing on that ax25 interface to verify whether any
>buffers representing response packets have been handed up to JNOS by
the
>T2-135? I suspect you'll find they're not, but it would be good to have
>that clarification.

Thanks for the help, Michael.  I get the sinking feeling you're right
about the problem with anything other than UI and I frames.  I think my
statement about the T2 decoding the UA frame was a matter of poor
wording.  I'm pretty sure nothing is getting passed up to JNOS from the
T2 because letting it listen on the local packet channel for 24 hours
showed absolutely nothing from the X1J4 node when I run Jheard in JNOS.

I'm not smart enough to know how to enable tracing on the T2 interface.
I'll be happy to do it and post up the results if you can walk me
through how to do it.

Like you, I'm kinda bummed about this.  I originally bought my T2 for
APRS usage, but thought the KISS "ability" was a great value-added
feature.  I love the T2-135 footprint in the ham shack, and am bummed
that this is probably a no-go for the immediate future.  All is not
lost; however.  I was going to run a two-radio node...2m packet on one
radio (the DR-135/T2-135) and 70cm APRS on the other radio using NOSaprs
and Linux soundmodem.  Maybe I'll just use the T2-135 for 2m APRS and
use the 70cm radio as the main packet radio (at 9600 baud) instead.