[nos-bbs] Compiling jnos20j for Rasberry Pi...

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 30 12:07:29 EST 2012

Thanks Mark, et. al...

Curses, no nurses!

For me, interpreting compile time error messages is like sending me to
interpret the dead sea scrolls -- so usually I have to depend on the
wizard(s).

I do note with interest that on my Pi, trying to set ip_forward =1 with
'sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward' fails. But doing it from a
root terminal does work. How strange!

This is the first time I've noticed that doing something as root user
and doing the same as sudo user can produce different results. Maybe I'm
missing something here?

I tried also putting the command to set ipv4 forwarding to 1,  in
'rc.local' and that didn't work either... (even editing rc.local in a
root terminal). I guess I'll have to put it in a start-up script for
jnos and run as root. More strangeness?

HNY to all and thanks for any suggestions!
Jerome - ve7ass