[nos-bbs] Raspberry Pi ?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:40:28 EST 2012

>> My current favorite is the Pogoplug series 4 -
>> <http://www.amazon.com/Pogoplug-Series-Backup-Device-Version/dp/B006I5MKZY>

> Many of the Pogoplug reviews on that Amazon site are pretty dismal. Is the
> Pogoplug *really* ready for prime time?

> Ian, G3NRW

I was a bit concerned by the reviews too - but my Pogoplug mobile/3
has ran solid for months.  I'll try to remember to post a URL here of
some resource off that box and we can give it a workout.   It's
working so good as the native personal clound application I don't want
to turn if off to put Debian on it.   That's why I picked up a couple
4's when Amazon had a sale on them.  Co-workers have the 4 and I'd
have heard from them if there was any problem.   I expect some of the
issues are when folks expect server class performance from a $30
embedded system.  It's a limited box and performance will, of course,
be limited..

73
Bill, WA7NWP