[nos-bbs] modes as rich, if not richer ?

PE1RDW andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Dec 4 16:09:11 EST 2012

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:47:19 +0100, Maiko Langelaar <maiko at pcs.mb.ca>
wrote:

> Bill,
>
>> modes as rich, if not richer, than BPQ32.
>
> I'm not so sure I agree :)
>
> I'm sure the BPQ guy spends more time on it then I do on JNOS, and
> it would not surprise me if BPQ has a much heavier and technical
> following then NOS derivatives.
>
> Just saying (helps me to remain humble from time to time).
>
> I wish I could spend more time on this, but family first,
> and there's been way too many firsts as of late ...
>
> < sense of humour required for the last comment >
>
> Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

he does spend a great deal of time on it when he is not out sailing.
one thing BPQ32 is realy lacking is tcp/ip suport, it can expose the
windows tcp/ip stack to the radio interface but has zero routing ability
in that so you expose your whole lan to the radio ports.

Other then that it can do pretty much do what jnos can do just in another
way.

What is better is just down to your needs.

--
73 Andre PE1RDW