[nos-bbs] SLIP Links and Pseudo TTY's

Alan Sieg WB5RMG wb5rmg at somenet.net
Mon Apr 30 21:32:53 EDT 2012

There are likely better answers to come, but . . .
Maiko turned me onto a feature I was not aware of with "RXECHO" ...
It may be crude, but it met my need quite well.

I have the TNC on the linux serial port, connected to JNOS.
I now have another serial port that feeds a KISS interface to a WinXP box
that hosts a RMS-GW for Winlink. Each serial port in JNOS has a line
that echos everything it hears out the other port.

Here are the lines that Maiko shared with me :
# 10Jul2010, Maiko, Setup RXECHO both ways for RMS Packet Node, so I
# now SHARE the TNC between JNOS 2.0 and RMS Packet Gateway - nice !
#
ifconfig vhf rxecho rms
ifconfig rms rxecho vhf
#

Perhaps this can get you a quick and dirty connection.
   YMMV   /;^)

--
  #  Alan Sieg, WB5RMG since 1976
  #  http://wb5rmg.wordpress.com