[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:18:06 EDT 2012

> Bill, my understanding is that PACTOR I is open source.  II,III and IV are not.

Hi Chris,

It's not open source.  It was "loosely" licensed for several products
such as the KAM and PK232 and there was one "DOS" application that
supports it.  After that SCS has not licensed it.   While it might be
fun to run P1 as a legacy mode there's no need today since WinMor
performance far surpasses Pactor 1 -- and if conditions are good can
approach Pactor II.

Bill - WA7NWP

PS.  I'll have some notes on implementation details shortly - and more
over the next few days as I get things running like the AGWPE server
interface on BPQ32..