[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:03:26 EDT 2012

> can the UZ7HO soundcard modem software be running on a remote
windows system and JNOS running in Linux would be able to run in Linux
and attach to that software remotely?

Anywhere in the world...   That's exactly what I'm doing...   Ah the
magic of TCP....

> What would be totally cool is an app that supports the AGWPE API and
> runs Pactor I and Winmor.

Pactor 1 is off the radar unless you have a SCS TNC since with Winmor
it's not really needed.   Install the  BPQ32 nodestack on a Windows
box, hook it to Winmor and then connect with JNOS to the AGWPE
interface of BPQ32.

> Also, since the AGWPE API seems to be
> gaining popularity ins support.  It would be nice to have a Linux app
> that can act as an AGWPE server.

Wave magic wand and "POOF" - we've got it..

  http://www.on7lds.net/ldsped/   (That link is not working for me
right now - maybe the company firewall...)

This is how I'll be sharing the home "Linux AX25" ports with the JNOS system.

> Then we would be able to set up forwarding to the Winlink2K system.
> This would be good for EMCOM, and making our BBS useful for ships out
> at sea, or me when I am in the middle of no where in my Jeep.

Yes, yes and yes...

> Just a thought,

Good thoughts!

> Chris KQ6UP