[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:42:39 EDT 2012

>> I actually plan on using it on HF.  However, I don't think it supports
>> the Pactor I or Winmor protocols.  Would plain 300bd AX.25 work very
>> well on HF?
>
> no.  Never did work well and never will.  better using something like the
> digi-modes.  I think there is some info on the fldigi site regarding this.

The UZ7HO soundcard modem is a step forward and is working fairly well
here.  I've had it running for a couple weeks and am having a kick
seeing the stations all around the continent participating in Net105
on 20 meters.   I tried to "agwpe attach" it last night from the
latest JNOS and then found I have yet to tie the NOS TCP to the Linux
TCP so the missing connectivity needs to be fixed.   After that I'll
tweak my sound card interface so I'm on the air with the others..
Getting the AGWPE interface is going to give me two other RF channels
for nearly free on the LAN  -- Thanks Maiko!

The SCS DSP TNC tracker with robust packet is yet another step forward
for HF packet and I'd like to pick one up when the budget allows.
These packet modes sharing the time slots on one channel are
advantageous as everybody is there in one place and activity leads to
more activity (within reason...)...   There's a small resurgence in
activity on HF and it's pretty cool.   I'd love to get something
'regional' going on 40 meters to work with the existing 30 meter and
20 meter channels/nets...

As for the pure soundcard digi- modes, there's also APRS-messenger
which we might be able to use via the APRS gateway in JNOS...

73
Bill - WA7NWP