[nos-bbs] Latest crash stuff ? Unreal :(

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Apr 10 13:32:20 EDT 2012

Well,

Here I go again, this is just unreal, really it is ...

I've installed Ubuntu 11.10 (thee latest), compiled the latest JNOS,
running WPAGES, and forwarding, and composing packet mails, and so on,
and guess what ? It's rock solid, not crashing. I'm even doing wp kicks
using the AT command, no problem at all. I can sftp my wpage files from
my live system to the Ubuntu test system, and they are easily usable
there too.

So, what is so different from the guys who are reporting crashes ?

How many people here are experiencing REGULAR crashing of 2.0j ?

Those reporting crashes, can you send me an autoexec.nos, rewrite,
and forward file ? Edit out *private* stuff if you have to.

Please send me the LOG file too for the day, so I can see if anything
stands out before the crash (or during).

As for the GDB dumps that are coming up blank, in some cases, GDB is
known to do that for certain kernel versions, meaning GDB is useless
in diagnosing this on certain distros running certain kernels, which
of course does not help the cause either.

Maiko