[nos-bbs] Following up crashes (perhaps related to WPAGES) ...

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Apr 2 13:26:50 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Well, I hate to say this, but my system was up and stable for
over 11 days (I had to move my server, that's why it was not
up for longer). No crashes what so ever.

As well, I've had no problem moving over my spool/*wp* files
to another system and use them there. Seems okay. Perhaps, it
is the AT command (wrt wpages) itself that is causing this,
I will check that out (never thought of it actually). Maybe
not use the AT command, and run 'wpages kick' manually for
a few days, and see if the crashes still exist.

So with that said, are we still getting crashes ?

Getting meaningful GDB information would be helpfull if I am to
figure out what's going on here. If it helps any, do NOT 'strip'
the JNOS binaries of the debug info before running your JNOS.

Send me whatever screen dump you get, even if you think it is
not meaningful. There may be something I will recognize. Also,
tell me what distro and hardware you're running on (please).

Maiko